Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Recitals...

We've been kind of busy around here and I have had some events to post about and just haven't gotten to them yet. I had my very first recital as a piano teacher this last week. It turned out so great. All of my students are beginners so it was their first recital, too. I think I was as nervous as the kids were. We had it at our church in the primary room, which I thought would be less intimidating. They all did so good and I was so proud of them. I am glad to have it done, but it was so fun.
Here are a few pictures of some of the students.



Zack had a "recital" also. It was his Preschool Graduation Program but he liked to call it his recital. It was so darn cute!! He was very proud and did so good!!
The graduate
This was his little part he had memorized. He was not shy at all.

6 comments:

Emily K. said...

I'm sure you are a great piano teacher, Holl. Congratulations on making it through your first recital. Zack was so cute in his preschool program. What a grown up boy. I love the look the kids get on their faces, when they do something. Like when my kids sang in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday, and walking back to the seats, they couldn't stop smiling, but trying hard to conceal it. So cute. Good job Graduate Zack. Onto Kindergarten. 2 kids in the public school system, and only 1 to go. Wow!!

Natali Jolley said...

Zack stole the show I am sure. And good job on your recital, you are the best piano teacher in the whole world I know it. EXCELLENT! -Name this movie "I think you are the most selfish human being on the planet"
"Well, that's just ridiculous, do you know everyone on the planet?" HOORAY! -and this one: "If you only knew how many things I want to say and don't"

Natali Jolley said...

Another: "I guess in the end it was a romantic way to perish . . . for a mouse."

Natali Jolley said...

AND ANOTHER: "Mr. Davis said it was as useful to educate a woman as the educate a female cat."
"Oh, I ought to strangle Mr. Davis."
"Joe, we must not resort to violence. I will write this man a letter."
"A letter . . . that'll show 'im."

Natali Jolley said...

One more, a tricky one: "Yesh ya will!" (it would be easier if I said it do you. Hint: Before this line comes this one "I'll never love another man, ever."
Hint #2: "Look at these, SILK, PURE SILK. I bet 'er Moder spun 'em."

Celinda said...

Congratulations on the recitals. Can't imagine Zack being that old. Time flys. Tell him that I thought he did a great job in his speaking part. Love you all.