Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween



We had a pretty fun Halloween. Ty and Zack wore their costumes for days before the big day so I had to wash them the night before Halloween. We had a party at Grandma and Grandpa Shuldberg's on Tuesday, which was really fun. The boys wore their costumes and Grandma had made a very spooky dinner for us all. I can't believe that I didn't get a picture of it. She had green goblin spaghetti, bat jello, pumpkin guts bread. My kids are a little picky with food and all the weird stuff kind of made them a little uneasy, but it was fun.


Amazing Superman and a partial Ironman.
Natali made these little amazing looking eyeballs. She used mini muffins and white chocolate. They looked cool.

Here are our carved pumpkins all lit up. Nat did the one on the left, I did the one in the middle and Shon did the one on the right, with Tyler's help.
The elementary school had a costume parade after lunch. Zack was already home from school so I took him back to walk with the afternoon kindergarteners. It is always so fun for the kids. Here is mister Ironman who wouldn't wear his coat, of course.
Superman looks a little cold, doesn't he? It was pretty chilly, but sunny.
So I didn't get any pictures of us trick or treating, but here we are at the ward trunk of treats. They did it at 5:00 so it was still light out, which was nice. The kids made a haul in about a half hour, so we headed home to go trick or treating in the neighborhood. Cam was in the stroller with me pushing. He actually got out at most of the houses. He has to do everything that his brothers do. Man they got a lot of candy. We were out for about an hour. They caught up with their friends and then were tired. We came home and started pigging out. Now I have put most of their candy away for rationing sake.

7 comments:

Emily K. said...

That's a great picture of Ty in the family one. You make a wonderful kitty. Thank goodness for Natali's dollar store finds, you had something to wear. Shon always makes a good white trash man. . . Thanks for the pictures.

Alison said...

Great costumes. Does shon have hair?? You do work miracles!!

Celinda said...

Great pumpkins and costumes! Thank you for sharing Halloween. Dad and I didn't get one for it was his Stake Conference weekend.

Celinda said...

Calling your Dad the other day really cheered him up. He sure loves his Holly, and I do to. I looked at the picture of Natali and for a brief second I thought it was me! I was only dreaming for she is much younger and prettier, but maybe 30 years ago I looked similar.

Natali Jolley said...

Great fun, Great people, great times, great pictures, great stories, and great you! Good job Holl.

Anonymous said...

Pretty fun family Holly & Shon, of course you know little boys are made for messes(or is it the other way around?!)

mare said...

Whoops!! anon is realy mare!!