Friday, December 5, 2008

Birthdays, Family visiting...What more could we ask for?

Wow, it has been a while since I have posted anything. I think sometimes I get in a rut and just don't want to do things, and blogging was one of those things. But I get scolded by my sister so I better shape up and blog. Sorry Em.

Well, life hasn't been too exciting around here, but we have had some special occasions. Thanksgiving was a great time. All the Shuldbergs were in town so we got in lots of visiting and playing. Getting all of Shon's siblings in the same house doesn't happen very often, so we took full advantage of them being here. Brian and Alison came from Texas, Jeff and Claudia came from California, and Janae and Todd came from Boise. The cousins had a blast all playing together and the adults just had a great time talking and playing games.
Had a pretty mean game of spoons going. It was really loud!!
Zack and his Volcano birthday cake. His birthday fell on the day before Thanksgiving this year. We had a little friends party during the day and a family one that night at Grandma and Grandpa's. I think he had a great day.

What is better than presents. Zack loved every minute of it.
Pizza and koolaide. Zack's party had a dinosaur theme. We set up a treasure hunt where the kids found pieces of dinosaur posters then put them together. This is the only thing that Zack really wanted, except he thought we were going to hunt for actual dino bones. It was still fun.
Erupting volcano!!

Whitney also had a birthday. The big 21!! Legal for all sorts of stuff now. She had a party the night before with her roommates and friends. The night of her birthday she came to our house and we had sushi and a cake and ice cream. (for all you sushi lovers out there, what is up? I do not like it. Maybe if I tried the right kind I would, but not for me!!) And the most exciting thing of that night was the Twilight premiere. Yes, we went at 12:30am. Whit and her friend Stacey, Mary, Mom, my friend Emily and her sister Heidi and me. I really liked it a lot. I know there are some that were a little disappointed, but I sure wasn't. I want to see it again, but will probably wait till it comes out and just buy it.
Fun times for us.

4 comments:

Emily K. said...

Wow, you actually posted something, you blog slacker!! Your boys are so dang cute, I don't know why you don't just put pictures of them up all the time. The volcano cake turned out awesome!! Was it a lot of work? Happy Happy Birthday to Zacky. You know we called and sang to him that day, right? I never did talk to you, just him. Thank you for the post. That picture of Ty and Cameron is the greatest!

TomandEmily said...

I sure enjoyed twilight also. What a great Mom you are, such a fun birthday you put together for Zack.

Natali Jolley said...

That was a delightful post full of love and memories and warmth and kindess and cheer. I am so glad that you let us all share in your special moments together, how happy you have made me! LATER!

Taylor Family said...

How fun it is to spend time with family. Its great that they could come from so far away.
Cute cake. Your kids are so cute I really love reading your blogs, even if I don't comment much. We miss you guys lots.
Wendy