Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Well, I think we finally got all of our Christmas stuff up. I sure love to bring out all our beautiful Christmas decor and set it all up. The kids were really excited to do it this year, too. On Sunday Whit came over and we set up our village. I just love all the little buildings and the cute figurines. We put all the pieces on this table to start out with because the whole thing doesn't fit up on my ledge so I have to pick and choose. When we got to the part of putting the lights in the houses, we realized they didn't work. So Shon worked and worked to get them to work and he did. Yeah. It looks so great. I will post a picture of it later because I forgot to take one of the finished product.
I was getting Cam's jammies on and he escaped. He really wanted to help "Da Da Da Da" up on the ladder.
After the kids were in bed and the village all up, we played a mean game of Ticket to Ride. (We got the Europe version, Jake and Em)
Our Christmas tree. We added some more balls this year. Nat, you will be proud of my tree. It looks more decorated this year.
I have always loved the Willowtree figures and nativities. I have a little collection of some angels too. For a few years I have admired the nativities but have been too frugal to purchase them. This year I noticed the ones with more color to them and fell in love. Shon knows of my love for them and last night he surprised me with this beautiful set!! I don't know why he did because I have been a little grouchy lately. Before he could even get them out of the box, I was crying. They are just so beautiful, and so is my wonderful husband. I don't know what I did to deserve him, but am truly thankful every day.

This kind of shows how big they are
My favorite part of the whole thing. How amazing Mary was to be chosen to bear and raise to Savior of the World.

5 comments:

Emily K. said...

Wow, Holl, I loved this post!! I was just at a Relief Society Christmas party, and was coveting the lady's Willow Tree Nativity Set. The ones with color are gorgeous! What a great husband you have. I love the picture of Cameron, what a chubby, bubbly, bundle of joy!! I love love love you guys. I can't believe you got European Ticket to Ride!! How is it? We probably haven't played that game since Whit left. Oh, how I miss it. Your tree is beautiful. Thanks for the post. So, where's the video of Cam saying "Da Da Da Da. I will be waiting. . . .

Natali Jolley said...

I've never heard of ticket to ride! You will have to teach Bryce and I when we come down, I will teach you guys Killer Bunnies! I want the willow tree set as well, and I love that you have it. I have a little nativity that is kinda a knock of of willow tree, so it is good for now. I will post a pic! I'll see you next week! HOORAY!

Fyfe Family said...

Hey Holls. I too have always been in awe of Mary's role. But scince I started having my own kids, I have become humbled and amazed at what she really did!

Alison said...

Shon is a good guy!

Kristie Taylor said...

Looks like your gonna have a wonderful beautiful christmas!! :) fun fun..... MERRY CHRISTMAS!