Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July 3rd and 4th fun

What a fun holiday we had!! Our fun started on the 3rd at Tom and Emily's house (they are such great friends of ours. I'm so glad we are neighbors!) They throw a big shindig for the neighborhood. Everyone comes and brings food, games and we have a great time. Tom had got a big bounce house for the kids to enjoy. They loved it. All the ladies played Volleyball and the guys played basketball and the kids just ran around and did whatever. It was great fun.
When it started getting dark, Tom started setting up his big show. And I mean BIG SHOW!! It was great. By far the best driveway display ever!! I think he enjoys putting it on as much as everyone enjoys watching. Zack was so excited to watch, but then got a little scared of all the loud booms so he went inside to watch. Tyler loved it and Cameron did better than I thought. He just sat on my lap and watched with his thumb in his mouth. There were a few times it got really loud and I just plugged his ears. Thanks Tom and Emily for the great night!!

On the Fourth, we got up early and went to the parade. This has become a tradition with us and the kids sure like it. We got there a little later than we usually do so our regular spot was taken, but we still got a good place. We left a little early so we could beat the crowd because we were heading to Pocatello to a water park they have there. We have never been, and the Barnes asked us to go. It's called Ross Park and they have a little kid area with a slide and waterfalls and a great shallow area for them. There is also a lazy river, a few big pools and a big tube slide. We didn't know if the boys would go on it, but we bought them a pass anyway and they loved it!! That was Tyler's favorite part by far. I even liked it and I usually hate tube slides. We went on it tons. But we got pretty tired by the end of the day. Zack and Tyler fell asleep on the way home and stayed asleep after we transfered them to their beds. It was a great day.

How blessed we are for our country and our freedom. I am so thankful for it and for those who have defended it and those who are currently defended it. What a great place to live!


4 comments:

Emily K. said...

I can't believe you actually went on the tube slide!! Maybe you are overcoming your claustrophobia. You got some great action shots of the boys coming down the slide. It looks like it was lots of fun. Once again, I love love love your baby!!! I just want to hold him and snuggle him. When are you guys visiting again?

Taylor Family said...

Looks like lots of fun. I love looking at your blog, and getting to know your family even if it is only through pictures. I like the way Cam watched the fireworks. We didn't do fireworks this year. I guess we are getting lazy in our old age. We Love You Lots.

Natali Jolley said...

Hooray for the 4th. How fun! The boys looked like they had a blast. I am proud of them for going down the big slide. I can't wait to see your little one soon!! TOMORROW, TOMORROW, I LUV YA, TOMORROW, YOUR ONLY A DAY AWAY!

TomandEmily said...

I'm so glad you had fun also. I'm so lucky to be able to visit with you and see you every day if I want. I'm always grateful for someone who will listen to me.