Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Interesting Story from the days of our lives.

I have known for a while that the stake was interested in calling Holly to a stake calling. This is the advantage of being in the bishopric I guess. The call never came week after week. For anyone who doesn't know our stake was split and we are in a brand new stake newly created stake. Sunday arrived as business as usual. I was on the stand preparing for sacrament meeting when the High Counselor for our ward came up and sat by me. We asked is there any stake business. He replied, "Yes we are putting your wife in as the stake primary person." I must have looked a little puzzled then I ask don't you think you should ask her first before you sustain her. The High counselor then looked very puzzled. We debated back and forth about whether she had been called and finally the only resolution was ask Holly. Holly was having a ruff morning at home with the boys and had not yet arrived at church. Finally with minutes to spare she came rushing in and Bro Dupree went to meet her. As I watched from afar I could tell that I was correct and she had not spoke to anyone from the stake presidency. Bro. Dupree returned to that stand and reported that he had no stake business but that Holly would be getting a call from the stake presdiencies office very soon. As far as I know Holly was sustained in all of the wards in our stake that morning with the exception of ours. Upon returnng home the phone rang to set up a meeting on Tuesday for a stake calling. We had an idea it maybe coming. All is well she is now called as Stake primary music director. She will be sustained in the last ward our ward on Sunday. We thought it was a unique and humorous story that everyone may enjoy.

5 comments:

Celinda said...

I love it in the church when someone makes a mistake and the one who is the victom doesn't get mad but understands and even laughs alittle. You and Holly's charitable attitude is what helps to make a Zion Society. I've been on both ends of a 'mistake', and have learned to appreciate an understanding heart. Thanks for sharing. We are very proud of you two.

Collette said...

First, Happy Birthday Holly!

I thought that only happened in our crazy little Douglas ward. When I was primary president they sustained a lady (Lori Wortham- if you remember them) as a primary teacher before ever speaking to her about it. She came up to me after Sacrament meeting and asked if she had been called to do something in primary (she had been distracted during the meeting by her grandkids). That was my first red flag.We spoke to the counselor in the bishopric who swore he had talked to her. I let them sort it out. Anyway....kind of funny. It all worked out in the end.
You will be a great music leader. Good luck!

Alison said...

Congrats on your calling! I would dare bet that you and music will never be seperated. It's a beautiful talent.

Happy Happy Birthday! I hope it was fun.

Emily K. said...

I do think this story is great. You left out the part about saying it was Stake Young Women's Music Director though. That was really funny, because Holly and I could not figure out why they would need a YW Music Director.

Natali Jolley said...

Wow, good thing Shon was up on the stand to get that straightened out! What a good leader you will be. YEAH