Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fun stuff at Ty's school

This was a fun performance the whole school did. They showcased some of the songs that their music teacher taught them this year. All the first graders went together, then the second graders and so on. Each group performed three songs. It was so fun to watch. It is no wonder why the kids love their music teacher. He is so great. It was really good to see him and you could tell all the kids love him.

Somtimes I still can't believe that Ty is in first grade, knows how to read and is so dang smart. The kid usually blows my mind. He is a really good boy, despite my short falls as a mom. His heart is so big and is so giving. He is pretty darn intense and sometimes doesn't know for sure how to handle it (him or me) but that is good sometimes. I really can't say enough good about my first born. I am so very proud of him.

In school, they prepared for a Reader's Theater. They performed three stories. Tyler was the Gingerbread Man in his group. All of those kids were so darn cute. And Ty was very proud. He did so good!!






5 comments:

Emily K. said...

I couldn't get the sound to work on this one. Probably because I don't know how to use our new computer. I'll have to see if Jake can work it. He looks so grown up, and handsome in all the pictures. You do great with him as a mom. I know the feeling of not knowing what to do with your kids.

Natali Jolley said...

Tyler is the best of the best. He is the only one you can hear and he is by far the most handsome boy. He is getting so tall and grown up looking. I can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.

TomandEmily said...

Their music teacher is awesome. I'm glad Austin and Tyler are buddies.

Alison said...

Class performances are the best. It's great that you can hear him so well. Hooray Tyler!!

Celinda said...

Wow! A grandchild in a school program! It seems only yesterday that you (my children) were doing the same thing. I'm so grateful for healthy, strong, intelligent children and grandchildren. That is a blessing that humbles me. We certainly are proud of Tyler the first grader also.