Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A new paint job...

So I have been wanting to repaint my wall in the kitchen that gets so dirty. It didn't matter how much I scrubbed the darn thing, it never looked clean. So I deliberated about the color and decided I wanted blue. Some people really tried to talk me out of it, but I stuck to my guns and did it. It is a little lighter than I really pictured but I really like it. Blue is such a happy color. And my wall looks so clean now. We also painted on the other side of the wall and down our hallway. It changed the look so much. I love it!! Shon was so great and helped me and we did it really fast.


I got the pictures in the wrong order. I just wanted you all to see that I did take down my Christmas Village that I love so much!! You can see the blue paint down the hall in this shot.
Blue, blue wall. I really like it!!
Zack finally got to start soccer this spring. THe poor kid has had to wait and watch his older brother for three seasons. He was so ready. And he loves, loves it!!! They do it a little different for his age. We go at 6:00 on Fridays and they do drills and practice for about 45 min. Then they have a scrimmage for the next 45 min. They play 3 on 3 in a very short field. It is pretty fun to see him. There are two Zacks on the team so he is Zack 7 because that is his number. The little short kid in the bottom of the picture is Zack 5. So fun!!

Nothing too exciting to write about here. We seem to be very busy, too busy sometimes. But life is good.

6 comments:

TomandEmily said...

I like the paint job. I want to come watch Zack play soon.

Emily K. said...

I really like it Holl. It lightens things up, and makes it seem like Spring. What does it matter, what other people think, as long as you like it, that's what matters. Great job. Zacky is the cutest soccer guy. Love the pictures. I haven't been to your house in so long, it looks so different to me.

Kristie Taylor said...

that looks really good! very good taste if you ask me. looks like a very nice house :) cute pics of soccer too :)

Natali Jolley said...

"I love daisies, they are such a friendly flower . . . don't you think daisies are the most friendly flower?" NAME THAT MOVIE! That comment about your blue wall being so happy made me think of this quote. I love it and I love Zack 7 as a soccer star.

Celinda said...

Fun paint job. Something new is always a welcome change. I'm excited to see it! Kids and sports! Now that is a subject to spend hours and hours of debate on. Hope he has a positive experience.

jennywren said...

I LOVE blue. We had a blue and yellow kitchen in our other house and I loved the colors--just cheerful! :) Love all the pics on your blog.