Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Girls night near disaster

So the other night, my friend Emily and I decided that we needed a girls night to watch girlie movies and give each other pedicures. So Shon and the boys went to her house and Emily, her daughters Shaustia and Eli and her sister Heidi came over to my house. We got out the pedicure bowl and all the polishes and stuff and started High School Musical 2, which I had never seen. The babies (yes, I did keep Cameron so I could put him to bed) were just playing around and trying to get everything they weren't supposed to get. We stuff kind of all over for a while. After I had my feet, Shaustia's feet and hands and Heidi's all done, we were just about to start Emily. Shaustia said "Uh, Holly. Look at this." I looked and my heart fell to my knees. A bottle of BLACK polish had broke on the floor and got flung about 2 feet and then sat and spilled. Holy Crap!! I immediatley got some acetone and what ever else I had to try to get it out. Emily ran to her house to get what she had. We worked, not expecting too much. I actually wanted to cry, but I didnt'. We were ready to send Heidi to Walgreens to get more acetone when she remembered talking to some gals at work about using Windex to take polish out of carpet. So we tried it, figuring it couldn't hurt. WOWOWOWOW. It actually started coming out. SO Heidi went and got acetone and some more Windex. We worked for about and hour or so and were actually pretty darn impressed with how well it came out. It is actually hard. I know it is there so I see it, but Shon couldn't even tell. I had to show him. Thank goodness for Windex.
So we put in another movie and finished our toes. It was a fun night, minus the hour or so of stress.
P.S. I don't have a picture of it to post because I didn't take the time to take a picture of the mess we had at first. I can't imagine why.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Thanks goodness for windex. I'll have to remember that. I'm sorry you had to try it out to find out.

Emily K. said...

You didn't tell me this story, and I have talked to you a lot since then! Crazy. It's glad you know that Windex works, because I'm sure that's not going to be the last time it will happen.

TomandEmily said...

Thank goodness it worked (mostly), other than our little disaster I had a fun time.

Celinda said...

Wow that's is impressive. I've tried to get red polish out of tan carpet before and ended up cutting it out. Hooray for windex. I hope we never have to use it.