Monday, January 28, 2008

Holly's birthday


My birthday. The big 3-0. What a feat, huh. I wish I could say that I feel so much different, wiser, more mature and all that. But I really don't. Sometimes I feel that I am the same age all the time and I have no business being a mom or a wife with all the responsibilities that come along. I really don't feel as old as I used to think my parents were when they were raising children. For some reason I think I should feel different. But, I guess that is probably how everyone else feels. It is just life and we just live it, right.

Zack really thought that I should have a character cake. At first he really was sure I would want a Diego cake, but then he saw this butterfly and knew this was the one. So Shon and Zack made this beautiful butterfly cake for me and it was very exciting. IF you can tell, there are finger marks on the wings. Zack can't ever keep his fingers out of frosting on anything and he had to wait all of Sunday to cut this. Oh well.

3 comments:

Emily K. said...

Love the cake!! Zacky is so cute and thoughtful.

Natali Jolley said...

Are those long stick things candles? I really love the butterfly, Zachy chose very well. You look absolutely adorable as well! Happy 30!

Anonymous said...

That is true love when your husband will 'help' the children make Mom a birthday cake. Way to go Shon! Love, Mom Hamblin