Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Okay, I will participate in the tag!

The rules are as follows:
1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages)
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the next 5 sentences
5. Tag 5 people

I really haven't been reading much lately. I just finished the third Stephanie Meyer book. I don't think that I liked the books as much as my three sisters did, but it was okay. I don't know if I will even read the nest one when it comes out. Right now, Mary is reading them and very enthralled. So it just must be me who doesn't particularly like them. I also have clients and friends that love them, but for me, they aren't that great. Sorry Stephanie. Anyway, today the first book I picked up is "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott. I actually have never read the book. I know, shocking, as my sisters gasp. But I sure love the movie. It is one of those that I put on when I need a boost, or something soothing in the background of my daily tasks.

This is a section out of the Pickwick Portfolio: "By my faith, I envy him. Yonder he comes, arrayed like a bridegroom, except the black mask. When that is off we shall see how he regards the fair maid whose heart he cannot win, though her stern father bestows her hand," returned the troubadour.
"'Tis whispered that she loves the young English artist who haunts her steps, and is spurned by the old count," said the lady as they joined the dance.
The revel was at its height when a priest appeared, and, withdrawing the young pair to an alcove hung with purple velvet, he motioned them to kneel.

I really don't have anyone to tag. I don't have a friend list like you others do. None of my friends do this. So I am not tagging anyone, but if someone reads this and wants to do it, please do.

I can't remember the other tag, Em, so I guess I will go back and look so I can do it also.

2 comments:

Emily K. said...

Thanks Hol! The other one was to name 7 things about yourself.

Natali Jolley said...

I loved your little snippet out of little woman. And guess what . . . I have never read it either! I know, you probably gasp as well. I will though, I vow to read it.