Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Something I have been dreading!!

The boys new room. They love it.
The baby's room. It was fun setting these things up, but sad that it is no longer for the big boys.

I have known, ever since I got pregnant, that we would need to put the boys downstairs in our fully finished basement so that the baby could have the room upstairs. But I have been dreading it. My heart would fall every time I thought of them sleeping so far way from me. I don't know for sure why I thought it was so hard, but I just kept putting it off. Well, I finally decided it was time, so the other day I moved the guest bed into the smaller room downstairs and prepared to make the big move. I told Tyler that they were now going to sleep downstairs and he really didn't want to. He said it was too scary. So that made me feel even worse, but we told him that it would be fun. Anyway, when Shon got home that night, we moved the boys beds and toys downstairs and tried to get them very excited about sleeping there. They were actually very open to it and ready. So we put them to bed that night, knowing that it would be a rough one with some sadness and reassurings that there were no monsters in their room. I reluctantly went to bed and tried to sleep. I woke up a million times, but not once to them crying or sad as I anticipated. When they woke up in the morning, they both said that their room was so fun and they loved sleeping downstairs. So my fears and dread were only founded by my own mind. It has gone great for them. My upstairs actually stays a lot cleaner also because they stay downstairs with their toys. And we also set the baby's room up and it was kind of fun. I remember how much I love my crib and cradle and all those baby things. Now we just need a baby to put in there. Hopefully within a week!!!

2 comments:

Emily K. said...

Wow, it looks like you are really ready for Baby #3!! You even painted the boys room downstairs. It looks awesome. I would say if you are worried, get a monitor! They are my saving grace. I love you, good luck with the coming up adventure. I wish I could share it with you.

Natali Jolley said...

The room looks great. Your boys are the cutest ever. I liked that you painted that wall blue for them. That made it a little like their old room. And the baby room! Oh my, how adorable. I want to have a baby room now. No, I'm not pregnant, but I think I'll set up a baby room anyway to join in the fun.