Tuesday, February 26, 2008

4 Days, 4 Doctors

So I have to tell you about my last few days. Sunday, I decided that I wanted to get out of the house and go to Sacrament Meeting. So I got us all ready for church, which I had to plan a little differently with a nursing baby. As we were getting ready, Tyler told me his ear was hurting. But he wasn't crying and he just went on with his business. I thought to myself that it wouldn't be surprising if he had an ear infection because both of them had had a cold. Anyway, we went to church and about have way through the sacrament, Tyler started complaining about his ear again. Well, by the end of the meeting, he was crying and I could tell that he was in pain for real. So I told them we were going home. Tyler was glad, but Zack was very upset. He really wanted to go to primary. So I talked to Shon, who is very busy nowadays on Sundays, and he said he would keep an eye on him. Well, Tyler, Cameron and I went home and I called the doctor. They could get him in at 2:00, which was still 2 hours away. Tyler was really hurting and I had a hungry baby. So I left home, ran back to the church to get Zack a little before church was over because Shon, with his bishopric calling, is always busy after church. So all four of us went to the doctor. Tyler was crying most of the time because he was hurting, Zack was crying because he had to leave primary early but sweet little Cameron was just being an angel.
The doctor confirmed that Tyler had an ear infection, so we headed for Walgreens. Tyler was still crying as we were in the store, but we got out and home. I filled him with medicine and soon he was feeling better.
The next day, Cameron had an appointment with the doctor for his 2 week checkup, so we were back at the same office. When I got home, Zack was complaining that his ear hurt. Oh, no. I actually started to go back to the doctor, but he almost fell asleep in the car so I went back home to let him take a nap. He slept for over three hours. But soon after he woke up, his ear was really hurting, but of course the doctors office was closed. That night, Zack's ear hurt so bad and I tried everything to make him more comfortable. Shon had the bishop come over to give him a blessing and at about 12:30 he fell asleep. And he actually slept til 9:00 this morning. So I got up and took him to the doctor and his ear was very infected. So back to Walgreens.
So three days, three trips to the doctor. Fun times. And tomorrow, I have an appointment with my doctor. 4days, 4 doctors. Well, we should be good for awhile. I just hope and pray that Cameron stays well!!! Sorry if this story is boring you all, but I thought I would share my crazy few days.

3 comments:

Natali Jolley said...

Holly, you are such a great mom dealing with all your sick children. I hope that all is a little better now and that your checkup goes well.

Emily K. said...

How smart am I to say that you should have had the Dr. check Zacky's ear while you were getting Tyler's checked. I always do that nowadays. I know, I'm not trying to rub it in. Sorry everything got kind of crazy. I'm glad your baby isn't sick yet. I hope he stays well. You are a great mom!

Cube said...

hello shon and holly,
im jace shuldberg i was doing english home work and this blog showed up
i think i am a cousin of somesort, my dad (James Patrick Shuldberg, AKA pat shuldberg) was born in idaho falls so there might be a connection
anyway keep up the good work as a mother and blogger
-jace shuldberg