Monday, June 16, 2008

Cameron and his funny noises


I think I finally got Cam to talk to the camera. He likes to make some pretty funny noises now a days. Very cute.

We finally got some warm weather here. It has been so nice. Today we actually went to the park and played for a while. I really love the summertime. All the flowers and birds just make me happy. We actually got to sit at a t-ball game and not be bundled up on Saturday.

Shon and I were looking through some of our cookbooks the other day and Shon came across a recipe that was entitled "Wacky Cake". We couldn't really determine what made it wacky though. I guess the only reason it is wacky is that you mix it a little differently. A few of the ingredients are a little different, but nothing I thought constituted wackiness. So yesterday, Shon decided to give it a test. It turned out very, very good. Actually the perfect chocolate cake.
Very moist, heavier than a box cake but not too heavy and the texture was great. I was very impressed with my husband. (which isn't rare, because he often impresses me. He is amazing!!)
So I thought I would share the recipe with you all.

Wacky Cake

3 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp soda
1/2 c. cocoa
2/3 c. oil
2 T. Vanilla
2 T. Vinegar
2 c. water
Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl, mix well. Make 3 holes in mix. Pour oil in first hole, vanilla into second hole, and vinegar in the third hole. Pour water over mix. Stir until smooth. Don't beat. Pour into greased and floured 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 for 40 to 45 min.
Hope you like it!!

4 comments:

Emily K. said...

Thank you for the recipe, and the great video of Cam. He is the cutest boy ever! I'm loving his spikey hair, and little screams. Keep the videos coming! I can't get enough of them.

TomandEmily said...

I'll definitely have to give that recipe a try. Cam is so cute!!

Natali Jolley said...

I can watch that video over and over and not get bored of it. Thanks for posting it missy. I am excited to get another yummy recipe that will make us love chocolate cake.

Shuldberg Family said...

What a cute baby! I guess our kids are pretty close in age. Matt and I are coming up for the family reunion. Hopefully we'll see you guys! I'll have to read up on you guys when I have a chance. Glad you found us.