Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summertime...and the living is easy

I am so glad that we finally got some summer here!! There is really something about warm weather and sunshine that really boosts your mood. It has with me. T-ball games have been so much more fun now that we don't have to bundle up. And all those other summertime activities that we have finally been able to do are so fun also. We haven't been too busy around here. One thing I thought I would do before now though, is plant more garden. All I have planted is three tomatoes and a patch of potatoes. Oh well. I'm not a very good gardener anyway. Hopefully my tomatoes will do well so I can make some salsa. We love it around here and I didn't make any last year so we are totally out.

We finally set up our little pool and the boys and neighbors think it is great. We also got a fun new thing. A TRAMPOLINE!! Ty and Zack have been wanting one for a while and so we finally bought one. It has been real warm since we set it up so it has a sprinkler under it most of the time. They think it is grand. (Hopefully we don't get a broken arm or leg or something). One thing about this warm weather that I discovered is that sunscreen must expire. I have never thought about that before. Earlier in the week, the boys went over to our neighbors and played in their yard with the sprinkler and slip-n-slide and things. I lathered them up with sunscreen and sent them out. Well, about an hour and a half later, I lathered them up again and they stayed out for about another hour. When they came in, I could tell that they were a little red. Anyway, that night, they were so burned. I felt so bad. I thought I had done well but sure hadn't. The sunscreen that I used has been around for a few years, and I didn't think that it wouldn't be good anymore. Well, needless to say, I through it out and bought some new stuff.

Shon had his first ever experience with Girl's Camp this last week. On Thursday, he and the Bishop went up for Bishopric night and cooked the girls dinner. He actually went about noon so he spent quite a bit of time there. They dutch ovened their dinner and it turned out really good, he said. That night was the night when they give out awards, do skits and those things and then have the testimony meeting. The first thing he said when he came home (at 1:30 in the morning, by the way) was "Girl's camp is quite a bit different from boy's camp". But he was impressed by how organized it was and the things that they did. He noticed that girls are loud and they sing and laugh alot. Oh, and he mentioned they cry a little, too. He had fun getting to know them a little better and see them and the leaders outside of the church environment. I think it was a good experience for him. It made me think about the fun times I had a girl's camp. I actually really liked it.

Sorry I don't have any pictures. I keep forgetting to take any. But life is good.

4 comments:

Emily K. said...

Wow, you got a tramp! How fun for your boys. I'm sure they absolutely love it. I'm glad you're having nicer weather too. Our Bishopric counselors, and Bishop have such a good relationship with our young women. They are great men, and I know that your husband is just like that. It's great to think that he's making an impact in their lives, like our Bishopric members make on our girls here. I know it will continue to bring your family blessings.

Natali Jolley said...

I learned that sunscreen expires the hard way too! How exciting is a tramp. I want to come play too. I am glad to hear you had a good time at girls camp, I am on my way to camp tomorrow morning for the whole week. I will tell you how it is as a leader and not a girl camping and having fun. I will hopefully enjoy it.

Celinda said...

It is heart warming to hear a daughter say "...life is good." Thank you. I am so grateful that your life is good.

jennywren said...

Oh man, my kids are asking for a tramp too and we just might have to cave in cuz I loved ours when I was a kid. Just found your blog today while cruising around and thought I'd suprise you with a comment. :) Glad life is going well! Your kids are so stinkin' cute!