Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tyler is six!!

Friday was Tyler's birthday. Actually, it was the 13th, Friday the 13th. I hadn't even thought of that until just now. Huh. Obviously we are not very superstitious people. It was a great day. He came upstairs in the morning very excited. I was feeding Cameron on the couch and Ty came and sat down by me and we had a little chat. This is kind of how it went:
Ty: "I am six today. I am getting big."
Me: "Yes you sure are."
Ty: Holding out his arm "Mom, look how big my arm is."
Me: "It is pretty big."
Ty: Holding out his leg "Look how big my leg is. It looks like a six year olds leg, doesn't it?"
Me: "It sure does."
Ty: "I feel six."

It was very cute. I just smiled and gave him a big hug. He is sure getting big and getting so smart.
We had a little party for him and his friends during the day. Ty invited his best friend Austin and his siblings and them our next door neighbor Katon. We had a little treasure hunt that I had set up for them. They really had a good time. They played with the present Ty got from his Grandma and Grandpa Shuldberg, which is a "Whac-a-mole Tower". Both Tyler and Zack were so excited for this. They have seen it advertised on TV and have wanted it for a while. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa. It was a fun party. That night we had our friends Tom and Emily come and my brother Bryan. Bryan's wife was in Boise because her sister had a baby. Tyler wanted a Cars cake again this year so Shon baked the cake and I frosted it. I think he had a wonderful day.


He really wanted me to write Tyler is Six on in so that is what it says on the top. I thought it turned out pretty good.

We got him this remote controlled truck that was really cool. He was so excited!! But when we got it out and he started driving it, it didn't work right so Shon took it and Tyler back to Toys-R-Us and picked out a different one. It is really cool, too. He loves it!!
Zack was almost as excited as Ty was for this birthday. But notice that kid in the red shirt that doesn't look like us but is there in every one? That is Austin, Tyler's best friend. He is such a great kid. He belongs to our good friends, Tom and Emily. Happy Birthday, Ty!

4 comments:

TomandEmily said...

Thanks for letting us be a part of the celebration. We really enjoy spending time with all of you. We just hope we don't take up too much of your time.

Emily K. said...

Happy Birthday Ty!! We wish we could have been there to share it with you. The cake looks great Holl. Good job. I can't believe how big all your boys are getting.

Emily K. said...

I just noticed the picture with Tyler and Austin, and Shon holding a screaming Cameron in the background. What would a party be without a screaming baby?

Natali Jolley said...

Happy Birthday Tyler. I didn't get to call you on your Birthday, but I still hope your day was wonderful. Good job on the cake Holl, it looks like a pro made it.