Saturday, January 2, 2010

December

Well just like everyone else, we had a very busy December. It was filled with fun family events and getting ready for Christmas. We enjoyed some fun traditions that we have done for the last few years and added a few. I really didn't get a lot of pictures this month. I forgot my camera for most events. But hear are a few pictures of some things we did. The first is of course our beautiful tree. I did something this year that I usually don't do. I let the boys put almost all the ornaments on themselves and didn't even change them. Usually I am pretty controlling with how it goes up, but decided to let the boys do it. They loved it and it turned out great.

Tyler had his first piano recital on December 4. He so loved it. His teacher is my friend Jessica. She teaches piano to a few more students than me. She had a son the same age as Zack, so I teach him and she teaches Tyler. It works out good for both of us. He is really thriving with his lessons and so loves to play.
I had my piano recital the next week. It was Zack very first recital also. He was so darn excited it about made him crazy. He did so well. Hopefully I will be able to upload my videos soon so I can post them.
This is me playing my recital song. My first recital, I didn't play anything but I was asked by some of my students to play one, so I practiced really hard and played one. It was a little scary. I haven't done that for a really long time. It is different then just playing in church. But it was fun and I was very proud of all my students.

I made these cute gifts for my neighbors. They were so fun to make. I just dipped marshmallows in chocolate and packaged them with graham crackers for Christmas Smores. I thought they turned out so cute.

We had a great Christmas season, getting ready for Christmas and enjoying the season. I went and did a party for Tyler's class, made graham cracker houses, bought gifts for eachother at the dollar store and a few more traditions. December was a good month.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I love that idea, for a gift for friends. I'll have to try that next year.

Celinda said...

I love your neighbor Christmas gifts! We are so thrilled that Tyler and Zack are playing piano and loved hearing them do their recital songs at our house. Your teaching piano is also a very needed service, for all children can benifit from music in their lives. Happy New Year!

Emily K. said...

Ah, I see you're posting again. Good job. I wish I could have heard the boys play their recital songs. I can just imagine the huge smile on Zacky's face!!