Sunday, January 10, 2010

Things I have been thinking about...

Well, I am not very good at writing or expressing my thoughts or feelings, but I have had a few as of late. Sorry I am not near as good of a writer as my sisters or my mother, so just bare with me.

So I have never been good at resolutions. It is almost like I unofficially set some, and it almost makes me worse at whatever I am trying to improve. I am not sure why. It may be that I try to do too many things at once and not take them just one at a time. Then it seems like I get nothing accomplished, but I am tired from doing a bunch of nothing. How do you obtain focus, does anyone know? Maybe that should be my first thing I try to improve and other things will just all into line.

My birthday is this week and I don't really feel a lot different, which I guess is good. I don't really mind at all getting another year older, I just want to be a little wiser. Don't know if I really am, but that is okay. I do feel different only because my kids are seeming so big to me, which is another one of my thoughts.

Tonight we went to a baptism preview. I have been to a few of these because of my calling so I know what they are about. I was pretty preoccupied with all the preparation for this one and setting up and all that I really didn't give it much thought of how important this is for Ty. I didn't even get to sit with my family tonight because I was up on the stand. I did look at Tyler every once in a while, and I think he was really listening to what was being said. I think he realized that they were talking to him. It was after I got everything cleaned up and got home that I really thought of what tonight meant for me. My oldest son is choosing to be baptized this year. You know, sometimes I think we take it for granted that it is a pretty easy decision. Being here where there are a lot of members makes it really easy to want to do it and know that it is what to do at eight. I hope I have taught him what he needs to know so that it will be his choice and something he takes seriously. He is a good kid.

Sorry I don't have any pictures to post. I haven't been very good about taking any. I have plenty more thoughts but won't bore you with them. See ya!

p.S. Tyler's baptism will be on June 26th at 10:00 am here at our church. I told some of you that it would be in August, but we made some changes as a presidency.

2 comments:

Celinda said...

In your father and my eyes you have always been near perfect. (That is true.)But, just so you will know, I see you have grow in wisdom, patiece, compassion, and good works every time I am blessed to be around you. We can all be blessed by evaluating our lives this time of year---and our righteous desires will be realized as we continue to do the best we can. You can be all you want to be.

Emily K. said...

Yes, you have always been the perfect sister. And, what Mom said reaffirms all of what I have felt my whole life. Will I ever live up to you?

Happy Birthday in a few days. I still haven't sent out your present, although I bought it days ago. . . I am going to keep June 26th on our calendar. I would love to be there to witness Ty's baptism. You are a great mother, and he is going to be a wonderful member of the church. Can you believe you will have an 8 year old, though? Time flies by too fast!