Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tubes

As most of you know, Cameron has gotten quite a few ear infections in his little life. It has been really bad the last 6 months or so with about 5. He has been on antibiotics almost straight since before Thanksgiving. So we went to see an Ear Nose and Throat guy this week and he recommends putting tubes in. I have heard about this procedure a lot, but never really knew what it was. So we talked and decided that it was the best thing to do. The only snag we have is that Cam has a raspy cough (that he has had for a long time) and they can't put him under if he has that. And his ears are still infected. So we scheduled the surgery for Feb. 5th hoping that his cough will be gone. The Doc can do the surgery with the infection, but I sure don't want him to be suffering for two weeks, so we had to put him on another antibiotic. That is the 3rd one since Christmas. Poor kid. He is so sensitive to stuff and this last antibiotic has really done a number on him. It has made him kind of sick. Throw up and the runs. His poor bum is raw. Hopefully this different medicine will be a little less harsh on him.

So I just have to share this horrible story with you. I said that this medicine made Cam sick, well it didn't at first, but it was really bad how I found out that it started to. On Sunday, I got the kids all ready for church and got there. Well, I was a little late because we now have 9:00 church so we sat in like the third row. Everything was going okay, the kids were being okay. Cam was a little grouchy, but I just thought he didn't want to sit there. Just after the choir number, I was holding him on my lap and Cam just pukes all of a sudden. Thankfully I had pretty good reflexes and actually caught it in his blanket and made a b-line for the door. He then unloaded everything else on a chair and on the floor out by the bishops office. Nice, I know. We were totally covered. I stripped Cam down to his diaper, wrapped him in Zack's coat, wiped enough off me so I wouldn't drip, cleaned up the floor and chair, then headed home. It was really bad. He was really good as soon as we got home. Long story short, after a few more pukings, I figured out that he needs to eat something when he takes the dang medicine. I am pretty tired on diahhrea and throw up. I think that the antibiotic that we started yesterday is treating him a little better. Hopefully after we get through these next few weeks, things will be a lot better for the poor guy.

8 comments:

TomandEmily said...

Poor guy and poor Mom! What a really rough time. Wish that I or anyone could do something to make it better now instead of in a few weeks. Won't it be a great birthday present for Can to feel good again.

bryan and mary said...

oh darnit poor cam. and wow holly i feel sorry for you toooo. hope that he starts feelin better soon! tubes in ears isnt fun bryan had to have em too. well take care and GOOD LUCK GIRL!

Alison said...

YUCK!!! That is no fun at home...but at church!?!

Lots of luck!

Kristie Taylor said...

OMG girly that is awful!! Poor Cam! I know what he feels, I still to this day have constant ear infections, and am infact on my 7th set of tubes now. not fun! poor guy! Sure hope things get better... he will feel amazing after the tubes :) good luck to ya!

Emily K. said...

Did I not comment on this? I thought I had!! You are a great Mom, Holl. And, Cam is the cutest almost 2 year old EVER!

mare said...

Poor Kid. I sure hope that he gets well enough for the tubes. They sure are awesome when they get them. Glad that your reflexes are good!! KUDO'S to mommy!

Celinda said...

What a late comment! I have just been sitting here reading blogs over and over and sobbing. I suppose I'm lonely. I noticed that my name wasn't on this list.

I'm so glad that Cameron is getting better. This Sacrament Meeting Story in a classic! ( And written very well.)

Grammie said...

Holly babe: Way to go Mom! I laughed and almost cried for the little guy and you. Seems all my grankids have a popensity for those darn ear infections and ultimately TUBES. Did he get the tubes in on February 5th?? If so, how is he doing?