Friday, January 15, 2010

My birthday...

Wednesday was my 32nd birthday. It was a great day filled with visits from friends, calls from my family and friends that that night Shon had planned a little pary. Thank you all for making my day great.

Shon got me this sweater and the dress that is underneath it. He did so good picking them out. I love them. My MIL made a yummy cake.

I got an awesome gift from my parents, but I didn't take a picture of it. If you have never tried or heard of a mixing bowl and measuring spoon set called "Pourfect" you totally should check them out!! Mom has some and I used them over Christmas when we were there and fell in love with them, so they got me a set for my birthday. I love them!!!!!! My good friends the Barnes gave me a cute vest and slippers. Thank you.

So my SIL Mary and my brother Bryan made me this book. It is a copy of our Hamblin Family Cookbook. Now if you have seen my original HFC, you would know that this is so great. My copy is totally hammered.
Sorry the pics are sideways. This is the cover. The plastic that was there to protect it was torn off years ago by one of my little helpers, and they added beautiful art as you can see.
This is what most of my pages look like. I am a messy cook, I guess. I just use this book so often.

SO Mary copied all the recipes and put every page in a sheet protector and labeled all the catergories.
She covered the outside with this beautiful cover she made. It is amazing.

Shon is taking me on a date tonight, which I told him is all I really wanted for my birthday. The boys are going to stay at Grandma and Grandpa Shuldberg's, even for the whole night, even Cameron. Hopefully he will do okay. What a great birthday!!

4 comments:

Celinda said...

What a great B-day! You are loved by all. Mary Beth and Bryan's present was so very thoughtful, and needed. I'm glad that you have a 'Mother' there to make you a cake. Enjoy the blowls. We have loved you for 32 years now, and always will.

Emily K. said...

Wow, the cookbook is beautiful!! What a great gift Mary did! Mine is looking a little shabby too, but, not nearly as bad as yours. Happy Happy Birthday Holly Dear. That dress looks really cute. Your husband did great picking it out! You'll have to take a picture of yourself with it on, to model how cute it looks on you. You look beautiful, by the way! Your hair is so dark, and long! I can't believe that there are actually 32 candles on that cake, which totally made my mouth water!! I am hungry!! I just want some cake and ice cream! Gimme some now, darn diet. . .

Kristie Taylor said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY girly!! glad you had a great one.... enjoy your wonderful cookbook!:)

Alison said...

Happy (late) Birthday!!!

Forget the cake, the sleepover at Grandma's is the best!!

I hope you used it wisely, wink wink...and got lost of sleep!