Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Baby animal day at the fairgrounds

On Saturday, we went to the fairgrounds in Blackfoot to a baby animal day. It was a nice day (finally) and it was really fun. Our friends Tom and Emily came with us. There were lambs, goats, calves, piglets, chicks, ducklings, baby miniature horses, a hayride, there were even snakes. I didn't care too much for the snakes. Zack and Tyler wouldn't touch them either, smart boys. They had a boa that was 4 or 5 feet and it looked just like my brother Ben's friend Otis. It brought back terrifying memories of waking up with him in my bed and things like that. We enjoyed it very much.


On the hayride. Come to think of it there actually wasn't any hay on the wagon. So just wagon ride. Tyler thought it was great but Zack just wanted the team to run.



Tom and their three oldest, Keaton, Shaustia and Austin. Emily waited at the gate with Elie and the strollers.
A fun hay bail maze. I don't know how many times the boys went through this.




Zack loved holding the baby's more than Ty did, not a real surprise. But Ty did pet a few and he actually held the chicks 2 OR 3 times, but I didn't get a picture of it.

4 comments:

Emily K. said...

What a fun Saturday outing! I wish I could find something like that around here. I shivered too, when I thought about Otis waking us up in the morning. I can't believe that Ben did that! What a guy.

Natali Jolley said...

I'm glad that Zacky loves animals! I sometimes feel like no one appreciates them as much as I do. Zack and I should be best friends I think. Yes, that will be perfect.

Celinda said...

I think when children learn to love and respect little animals that they also gain compasion for other children, siblings and even adults. Heavenly Father gave us animals for our benefit; we have been given so much! Again, I'm so grateful that my grandchildren have such wonderful parents.

TomandEmily said...

We had fun too, I'm SO disappointed that I missed the wagon ride. :)