Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter

We had a great Easter at our house. We did all the fun Easter things like coloring eggs, Easer baskets, egg hunts and of course lots of candy. But I always love the focus on Christ. Church on Sunday was really wonderful. Our ward choir performed 3 or 4 numbers. A handful of children got up and sang "On a Golden Springtime" with them. I just couldn't keep back the tears. There is something about children singing that makes me cry every time. The feeling of so much gratitude on Easter is just wonderful.





I just realized that I put these pictures starting on Sunday and they go back in time. Sorry. But this is Sunday afternoon at Grandma and Grandpa Shuldberg's. The kids hunted eggs before dinner because they were so excited. Grandma and Grandpa had hid about 70 eggs for them. That is 7o just for the two of them. Way to go Grandma. They were a little xcited to say the least. It took them a while to find them all, actually most of the evening. We had a wonderful dinner and a nice visit. The boys used to spend a lot of time with these grandparents, but now that I don't work it is less frequent. They sure love them!!!
Finding their baskets from the Easter Bunny. They got nerf guns in their baskets and think they are cool.
Coloring eggs was so fun. At first they loved to see the different colors and how dark they could get the eggs. But Zack just wanted to dip the eggs in every color. They all actually ended up being a greenish brown color. But it was fun. I only boiled 8 eggs because I knew that they wouldn't get eaten. Finding them on Easter after the Easter Bunny had found them was fun, but I think that the boys enjoyed hiding them for each other more fun. They ended up pretty broken and I had shells all over, but they loved it.

On Saturday, we went to our friends Tom and Emily's house for an Easter Egg Hunt. They invite a bunch of neighbors and hide them in their back yard. Every child brings 12 eggs so we know that it is even and know we have found all the eggs. All the kids love it!! This year we woke up to 18 degree weather but it was very sunny and no wind (which is a miracle). So I got the kids bundled, and it actually didn't seem too cold. This is how Cameron hunted eggs. But Zack and Tyler each gave him one of their eggs. Very cute.




That is Zack up on the tramp. Notice the snow still on the fence line. Yeah, still snow in Idaho.

3 comments:

Emily K. said...

Thank you for sharing the great Easter pictures! I love to see your boys, and to see how much Cam is growing. It looks like you guys had a great time. Gosh, I miss you!

Natali Jolley said...

Oh how I love to see all of these pictures of my family. It makes me miss you and your family so so much, but I feel like I am still a little part of your lives through this blog. I can't wait to see you all in July!

Celinda said...

Thanks for sharing your Easter, and your testimony of the true meaning of the holiday. We love you.