Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Late night fun

It is 12:22 am and Cameron and I are having a late night talk. I am lecturing him on the importance of "early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise". He seems to be ignoring my counsel since he is wide awake smiling at me. As all you moms know, it isn't that cute at this time of night. It has been almost 4 1/2 years since I had a newborn, and it seems I had forgotten this part, but now remember that it is hard. I hope to have his time changed around soon.
I realize I haven't posted lately. I blame that on getting used to three kids, but it also that I have nothing great to say. Life is pretty mundane, well as mundane as it can be. We are trying to keep Cameron from getting sick, so I try not to go places unless it is necessary. I'm not used to staying at home all day. You would think that I would get more things done, but that really hasn't been the case. I think that I should be able to keep my house spotless, as well as work on projects that I have put off but Have yet to accomplish either. Oh well. I know this is a really boring post, so sorry. Hopefully I will have something better tomorrow.

5 comments:

Emily K. said...

I loved this post! Our days are pretty much the same, too. You would think that since I don't really go anywhere that I would get tons done, but that never seems to happen. I often wonder why Jake doesn't yell at me when he gets home, and the house is a mess, but he never does. I'm glad he doesn't. Anyways, I would like to see that cute little smiling face of your little Cameron. See if you can capture it sometime. Just so ya know, if I were there, I would totally hold him at 12:22 in the morning, and let him smile at me instead of you, so you could get some rest. Good luck in switching him over. I feel like I have forgotten how hard newborns can be sometimes too. That's why it makes us think we can have more.

Natali Jolley said...

I don't really know how you feel about the newborn thing, but I am sure that it is hard. Kinda cute though that he likes your late night talks. I hope to see you all soon!

Kristie Taylor said...

oh girl that is so cute! I cant wait to have a baby. We were trying for a while but after another miscarriage we decide to wait again. I totally agree with Emily, If I was there i would take care of him for you in the middle of the night so you could sleep. :)
Enjoy the new one. Oh and you kids are all so stinking CUTE!!

TomandEmily said...

How similar our lives seem to be! Only my Elie is sleeping pretty well at night anyway. Oh wouldn't it be great if we could have spotless homes. Oh well, the kids are more important. Aren't their little smiles just the best. Sometimes I just get tears in my eyes because they are so precious. Elie laughed for the first time a few days ago and we actually caught it on the video camera.

Celinda said...

I would to!!!!! ( hold him at 12:22 A.M.) for about 30 minutes. I tell Dad that I will drive when we are both tired and that is how long I last. I guess I'm not as perky as I once was. Now that I think about it, if he smiled at me, I might be able to stay up all night. Dad doesn't smile at me when I am driving; he just snors.