Thursday, March 27, 2008

A tribute to a great man and his Granddaughter

This is Shon's Great Grandfather, Garrick Filmore. He is 103 years old. For the past 4 1\2 years he has been living with my in-laws. We have had the opportunity to get to know him and hear his stories. What a life this man has lived. He never misses a chance to share his testimony and love of the gospel. Even now, a hospice organization comes to help and he talks to the nurses and who ever else about the gospel. Great man.

Now he has a great and wonderful care giver for these years he has been here. Julie and Larry willingly took him into their home and has cared for him. Julie is amazing. She has definitely been his angel, I think. She is one of the most caring people I have ever had a chance to be around. No wonder I fell in love with her son. He was raised by such wonderful parents. Larry and Julie have sacrificed and I know that they have and will receive many blessings. I know I am blessed to be in their family.

It is really cool that when we are visiting, there is 5 generations in that house. Pretty neat.

5 comments:

Emily K. said...

What a sweet, picture. One to treasure forever. Hey, I remember that outfit! I can't believe how big he is, it is almost too little.

Natali Jolley said...

You are right, Larry and Julie are great people and they did raise a wonderful son. I love you all so much, I can't help but get very sentimental right now. I miss everyone so.

TomandEmily said...

That is so amazing, it makes me cry. He must have some great stories after being here that long.

Celinda said...

What a treasure. I felt a wonderful spirit when I first met Shon's parents. What a blessing it is to have children marry into great families.

TomandEmily said...

Hey Holly, will you send me that recipe. emamoo@juno.com
thanks.